UPDATE on COVID-19 | June 1st, 2020
UPDATE on COVID-19 | March 17th, 2020
UPDATE on COVID-19 | March 14th, 2020
After much consideration, discernment, and working with other local churches – we have decided to suspend this weekend’s gathering for March 15. This decision isn’t anchored in fear, but rather, in wisdom and coordination with local efforts to stop the continued spread of COVID-19. In order to best respond to new developments, we will take this week by week.
Our Team will work hard to find alternative ways for everyone to stay connected and encouraged through this time. We’ll maintain our commitment to helping people find their path with Jesus – even in times such as these.
We recognize that even though we cannot gather physically right now, WE CAN rally together to: TRUST GOD, BE WISE, PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS, and LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP OTHERS.
Please follow our Facebook page, or Facebook group, or text “Hellothere” to 97000 to stay current on updates and notifications.
Love You Guys!
Pastor Steve and the Awaken Team
UPDATE on COVID-19 | March 10th, 2020
We wanted to quickly reach out and assure you of our commitment to creating a safe space for people to find their path with Jesus.
At this point, we are still planning on gathering as a church on Sunday mornings at 10:30am at our new location. However, we know there are a lot of questions and concerns surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and we want you to know how we are addressing these.
Our church is putting our best effort towards following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. Best practices for dealing with viruses. Best practices for dealing with viruses like the seasonal flu and COVID-19 include regular hand washing, using hand sanitizer, and choosing to remain home when not feeling well, have any flu-like symptoms including coughing and sneezing, and certainly if someone has a temperature. We have consistently practiced these and will continue to do so.
Here are other specifics on how we are actively making our spaces ready:
- Continuing our practice of regularly sanitizing our space between weekend gatherings.
- Currently completing a deeper disinfectant cleaning in our kids’ spaces and coffee areas.
- Providing additional hand sanitizer stations and tissue boxes in high-traffic areas
We invite you to:
- If you are sick, please stay home, rest, and recover.
- Let us know how we can pray for you as you may personally, professionally or relationally navigate the effects of COVID-19.
- Be sure to stay connected through our Facebook Group and online at Awaken-church.com
- Pray–reflect on this encouragement found in the Scriptures: God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT). Pray for your coworkers, neighborhood, and city. Be a peacemaker. Find ways to encourage others. Join us in asking God to pour out his love and peace through this season.
I am praying with you and for you. Love you guys!